To join the APS
The APS offers several membership grades. Each grade has specific requirements, which are generally based on an applicant’s level of tertiary education in psychology. Applicants must be qualified in, or be studying, psychology programs accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC).
Before you start please ensure that you have the following:
- A Visa, Mastercard or American Express card to pay using our secure payment process
- Details of your qualifications (including completion dates)
- A 'Proof of current enrolment' document to upload if applying as a Student Subscriber
- The APS now accepts high-quality scans of your academic transcript/s; email your academic transcripts to our Membership team following the completion of your application.
- The APS membership year is arranged in quarters.
- The online application should take about 10 minutes to complete.
Start your application
You can join the APS if your overseas qualifications are assessed by the APS to be comparable to the level required for the relevant grade.
If you have already had your qualifications assessed by the APS, and wish to join the APS you can do so here
If you have psychology qualifications from overseas, and want to join the APS, please email our Assessment team or call 1800 333 497.
For more information about APS assessment of overseas qualifications, including answers to common questions about the APS assessing overseas qualifications for skilled migration, university entry or employment, see here.
Assessment of overseas qualifications for the purpose of registration
The APS does not accept applications for assessment of psychology qualifications for the purpose of registration. You must apply directly to the Psychology Board of Australia for provisional or general registration to work as a psychologist in Australia.
If you are wanting to reinstate at the same grade, or upgrade your previous membership simply complete our online membership reinstatement form.
More information, including information about relevant fees to rejoin the APS, can be found here.
Both current and former members wanting to upgrade their membership use the same application form used by new applicants. To download the form and for information about upgrading your membership, see here.